Thursday, May 27, 2010

What to say

This afternoon, I am taping a welcome messsage for the web site and to place in the welcome packets we give to visitors. It will be a 3-5 minutes message. What should I say? What is most important to convey to others? What do others need to hear? What questions do they want answered?

In such a brief message, there is only so much content I can share. Talking about just one aspect of our ministry could take all the time I have. So what can be shared in a few minutes?

As I wrestle with the answer, I wonder what you would be prepared to say if someone asked you about the church? What ministries would you tell them about? What would be the take away you would want them to have. I have to have my answer in a few hours. Soon you will be able to look on the website on the visitor page to hear what I had to say. You may have more time to come up with your answer. Or maybe someone will ask you about the church you attend today or tomorrow. What will you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment