Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sin Thoughts

This past Sunday, I kidded about how Amy was better prepared to preach than me on Sin this coming week. Fact is, I have enough experience with the topic. I expect you do also.

Having said this, we may not be speaking about the same thing. Or at least the same manifestation of sin. Our sin thoughts often go to specific behavior. Early Methodist classes weekly asked each other this question, "What sins have you committed lately?' Their interest was not embarrassment and voyeuristic interest. They knew the power of sin was strong and was dangerous to take on alone. What people did was important, but the cause and impact was more important.

It is important to remember another question they asked that was related to the sin question. "How is it with your soul?" They understood we could keep listing our sins and unless we address the health of our soul, our relationship with God, we will be doomed to continute to list broken and sinfilled behavior.

What sins have you committed this week? How is it with your soul? Who have you told? Who has offered forgiveness to you?

1 comment:

  1. My sin is too busy with "stuff". I find myself taking a "time out" to check in with God. I'm trying to learn to sense his presence whatever I do, wherever I am. But my soul is good. I feel connected to his Kingdom. I'm forgiven when I fail to do what he wants. And I keep trying to improve. I guess I just confessed to all the blog readers - feels good!

    ReplyDelete