Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome Back!

This Sunday is the beginning of the fall schedule.  It means worship times change to 9 and 11:15 a.m. and 6:11p.m. on Sundays.  There are programs picking up from last spring and many new ones launching I am excited about.  But mostly, it is the family of believers coming back together to worship, learn, serve and witness the Good News of Jesus Christ.  For me, the fall is a homecoming where loved ones reconnect and the church family is reunited in love and grace. 

This fall we come together around the theme of the 5 Practices of Fruitful Congregations.  All the information you need to join in the study and sharing on these 5 Practices is found elsewhere on the church web site.  I encourage you to get into a small study group or start one.  Read the book and let your voice be heard in this conversation.  The 5 Practices will cause us to reflect and (I hope and pray) embrace more deeply the Core Values of our congregation.  I am looking for this time together to be a launching pad for the direction of our ministry in the next several months and for years to come. 

This Sunday Pastor Reed and I will share in a dialogue sermon on the Practice of Radical Hospitality.  The next few days I will be writing about this topic and asking you to begin to consider what Jesus taught us about hospitality. 

I look forward to seeing you in church on Sunday.  The family is gathering and I can’t wait. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment