Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Great Next Step

Sunday I announced I was going to offer a four week survey course on the Bible. It is a class intentionally designed for adults who know nothing about the Bible. I said Sunday no one is allowed in the class if they have any basic knowledge of scripture. That is because there really are many who do not know the Bible. There are many reasons why. But what those people fear the most is that others will make them feel foolish in class.
I want a class where people can feel safe to ask any question knowing everyone else in the class doesn’t know the answer either. I want a class where people can relax and just begin to explore the basics of the Bible. The truth is, there are more in the church who do not know the Bible than those who do. It is time to create space where all can come and begin a wonderful journey in the Bible.
The class is easy to take, assumes you know nothing without being insulting or acting as if you are to blame for what you do not know. I am excited to tell you 10 people signed up for the class since Sunday. I am so proud of them for taking such an important step!
If you want to join us, we begin on Thursday, October 29th at seven p.m. We will meet for four weeks ending the week before Thanksgiving. Let me know and I will be thrilled to have you with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment