Saturday, October 31, 2009

Standing on Holy Ground

Yes, I am still alive. It has been almost two weeks since I have posted. Some of that time I spent back at Duke Divinity School with Brian, my best freind from those days and we remain close today. We were there for a week on a self directed time of study and preparation for the year ahead in our respective churches.
During the week, I worshipped several times on campus. I attended evening vespers in Duke Chapel led by the choir singing Gregorian chants. I sat in the seminary chapel and listened to Bishop Willimon preach and shared in Holy Communion. We spent hours in the library reading, writing, doing worship planning and engaging in spirit filled conversation about ministry and life.
It was a holy time. I walked on ground that formed and inspired me thrity years ago. I met with professors retired and new students preparing for ministry. I planned the outine for worship in the coming year and shared in worship going back centuries.
It was Holy Ground!!
Tomorow is All Saints Sunday. In church we will remember members who passed away in the last year. We will share in Holy Communion. We will pray and sing with brothers and sisters in faith, and the saints through the ages. We will be on Holy Ground again!!! To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment