Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday Morning

I am getting ready to participate in a day-long meeting at the Flint District Office today.  It is  a full day, but it is not as full as yesterday.  Full in the sense of God's amazing showering of blessing and grace. 
I praise God for the witness of Sharad Stump, Jay Bleim and Julie Hall in worship.  As one came up to me following worship said, "I felt like each person who spoke touched my heart in a different way and I could relate to them".  Certainly it was a special service also in no small part due the sharing in World Wide Holy Communion.   After worship, Laura and I were blessed to attend a party celebrating a 65th wedding anniversary of Don and Francis Wills.  After a little time at home, we attended our couples class at church in the evening.  I said it was a full day, not because it was busy, but because God's amazing grace was pouring through it. 
=0 A
Sundays are thought of as a day of rest.  Certainly Sabbath and renewal are critical to our spiritual health and growth.  Sundays though may best be measured by the amount of holiness, Christ and divine power are to be found on Monday morning for the week ahead.  It was a good Sunday and God is more than sufficient for the week ahead.  I give God thanks for the amazing generosity we always find in presence of the Lord. 
As you go through this week, take time to be in the presence of the Lord.  Fill up on grace, feed on the power of scripture.  Live in the abundance of grace, which allow us to see beyond the scarcity the world lives in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment